As many of our friends and supporters know, Pride has faced significant financial challenges over the years, given the expenses associated with maintaining a wood tall ship and supporting its operations and programs.
We are currently at a financial crossroads. If we are not able to secure sufficient funding in the coming weeks and months, we may need to lay the vessel up until sufficient funding can be secured. We are making a public announcement on February 5 to urge our friends, the general public, and the business community to express support and to donate. We are also requesting a renewed commitment of funding from both city and state government.
Pride II is undergoing maintenance right now as part of a 30-year refit of the vessel. The ship will then remain docked at her maintenance berth for the season, unless sufficient funding is secured for a sailing season.
We urge you to show support for Pride and make a financial contribution if you are able. If you are already a Pride donor, please consider making an additional donation.
1. You can make a donation. Please consider joining our Privateer Society as a monthly donor, if you are not already a member.
2. Share your Pride stories with the world via your social networks! Let people know what Pride means to you and why you think Pride is valuable to the city and the state. Please be sure to mention or tag Pride of Baltimore @prideofbalt.
3. Sign up to volunteer in some capacity.
4. Subscribe to Sail Mail, our e-news, so that you receive updates right in your inbox.
5. Mark your calendar to attend our Spring Sailabration, a 30th birthday party for Pride II this year, on Thursday, June 7.
We understand that you may have questions regarding this news, so we have prepared some Q & A to answer them. Click here to download the Q & A. Watch for future Sail Mails in your inbox for updates. If you are not already a Sail Mail subscriber, you can subscribe to our e-news from our home page.
Thank you in advance for your support of Pride. We are hopeful that, together, we can keep our Pride sailing for another thirty years!